Sunday, December 4, 2011

On the rocks alert:
Two different versions of the break-up of Ali and Roberto from The Bachelorette.

Publications: People, Weekly Life & Style
Date: 12 Dec. 2011
 
I am not a watcher of reality TV. The various versions of The Bachelor do not have the absolutely least interest to me of all reality TV - that's probably Teen Mom or Toddlers'N'Tiaras - but when I hear about the inevitable romantic troubles the couples get into, I can only think of those wise words of Rocket J. Squirrel and the overly optimistic reply of his friend Bulwinkle.

"But that trick never works!"
 
"This time for sure!"
Ali and Roberto are no more.  Who showed whom the door?  It depends on which gossip rag you believe.
  • People: The Bachelorette break-up
    Exclusive
    Why I Left Him
    Ali's Tears and Regrets
    Inside their explosive fights and heartbreaking final night together
    Roberto 'Devastated'
  • Weekly Life & Style: Why he left Ali
I do not know the truth but I believe the People version, in part because of the extra details and in part because it's People vs. Weekly Life & StylePeople isn't perfect, but it's a lot better than the rest in terms of reporting.



No comments: