Friday, January 14, 2011

Meanest Story nominee:
Aretha's $180,000 farewell party

Publication: National Enquirer
Date: 27 January 2011

Every story so far about Miss Aretha Franklin since the announcement of her diagnosis with cancer has been in the Enquirer, and in all of them, the writers at that rag are trying to kill her off. So now, if she throws a party, it's a farewell party according to the Flagship.

The vultures over at the Enquirer have finally worn down my last good nerve on this one, the Queen of Soul will now be referred to as Miss Aretha Franklin on this blog, which means I am not interested in anything bad said about her. This also gets a nomination as Meanest Story of the Week.



5 comments:

Karen Zipdrive said...

Etta James is seriously ill and getting the same kind of negative attention.
Such vultures.

Matty Boy said...

Miss Etta was hospitalized over a year ago and I haven't seen any mention of her in any of the gossip sources I check on.

Lulu Maude said...

LA Times reported a dispute between husband and sons on her care. She suffers from what is probably Alzheimer's.

Damn. I love that woman.

Lulu Maude said...

Etta, that is...

Love Aretha, too. She came out and said basically, where did this pancreatic cancer talk come from?

Matty Boy said...

Yeah, I heard first she said her health situation was "resolved" and I thought she had come to terms with a terminal diagnosis. But now she denies the cancer diagnosis completely.

The original reports came from a "family insider" and I assumed they were true. Now I wonder if it's not just someone trying to cash in at the gossip rags. The other possibility is Miss Aretha is in denial.

I'm not sure what to believe, but I would like her to get through this mess and get up on stage and sing.