Friday, January 7, 2011

And the camera noses in to the tears on her face:
Being a Teen Mom ruined my life

Publication: Weekly Life & Style
Date: 17 January 2011

Last year, I didn't report on "reality" TV show gossip if I could help it, but if I did, Amber Portwood would have at least ten cover stories by now. Weekly Life & Style made her the main story on the cover with an exclusive interview. The sub-headlines include:
  • Her jail hell
  • "Losing my baby would destroy me."
  • Ready to give up show and $280,000 income
Does one of those sub-headlines jump out at you? Yeah, me too.

There is nothing "real" about the instant fame and ridiculous cash that "reality TV" gives to the people who sign their lives away to be on these shows. If this high school dropout went back to get her diploma, the money MTV is paying her would probably be very close to the total of the salaries of every teacher in every class she took in a school year.

And she got that for getting knocked up and being the kind of irresponsible, out of control bitch these producers crave like crack cocaine.

I don't just dislike "reality TV". "Reality TV" is yet another reason we don't deserve to survive as a species.





3 comments:

Karen Zipdrive said...

While I agree she is definitely pond scum, she did call attention to the consequences of spousal abuse--a knife that cuts both ways.
Maybe some big oaf of a woman won't be punching her husband or boyfriend after seeing what happened to this whaletail.

Matty Boy said...

But think about all the other young idiots getting knocked up and thinking this is their chance to get on the MTV gravy train.

Karen Zipdrive said...

There should be some sort of means testing before anyone is allowed to get knocked up.