Monday, October 4, 2010

Glee's gone wild!

Publication: In Touch
Date: 11 October 2010

There are several reality shows the supermarket rags love that I don't mention at all. The one with the roses, the Actual Married Women of East Jesus or wherever, the one where young women who had babies too early and are exploited for ratings, that awful show about those awful people from that unnamed state on the Eastern seaboard. So far this year, Glee is the only scripted show that supermarket rags care about. This week's headlines on In Touch's cover are about late night parties, catfights, what the lives of the stars were like before the show and Lea's "diva" behavior.

While I don't watch the show, I do consider these stories worth repeating, because they are about actual celebrities, people with talent who worked hard to get where they are. Most of the reality shows today are just people put on TV so we can feel superior to them and their unremitting awfulness.

1 comment:

Karen Zipdrive said...

While I have tried my best to find something redeeming in that show, watching it makes me want to jab sharp pencils into my eyes and ears.