Friday, September 24, 2010

Fussin' and Feudin' Alert™:
Joan Fontaine and Olivia de Havilland STILL hate each other!

Publication: Globe
Date: 4 October 2010

I usually don't trust the Globe as far as I can throw it, but I actually love this story not because it's news, but because it's true and it told me some stuff I didn't know.

Here's what I knew. Olivia de Havilland and Joan Fontaine were sisters and Oscar winners way back when. Joan won her Oscar before my mom turned ten years old and... my mom's dead. That's a long time ago.

The other important tidbit is Olivia and Joan hated each other's guts. So far, so good.

Did you know they were both still alive? Olivia is 94 and Joan is 92 and... wait for it...

THEY STILL HATE EACH OTHER'S GUTS!

It doesn't seem particularly mature, but you have to admire that level of... stick-to-it-iveness.

Fun facts to know and tell on a Friday evening.



3 comments:

dguzman said...

Oh, my mom used to talk about this well-known feud all the time. I was on Joan's side.

Karen Zipdrive said...

Gotta love a 9-decade feud.
Whoever dies first is gonna be so pissed that the other one is at the funeral wearing a red dress.

Matty Boy said...

Yeah, the imagined sound of the other one laughing at the news of her demise is the thing keeping both of them going.