Thursday, May 27, 2010

Brave Last Days alert:
Mike Connors

Publication: Globe
Date: 7 June 2010

With the passing of John Forsythe and Peter Graves this year, the tabloids who specialize in Hey Old Timer gossip feel a distinct need to cover all the bases, so they are thumbing through TV Guides from the 1960s and 1970s and figuring out who is still alive so they can tell you who is not long for this world. This week it's Mike Connors, star of Mannix, who will turn 85 this summer.

A little Hey Old Timer nostalgia from me. I had a GAF View-Master when I was a kid and it was many hours of fun. But if anybody had bought me 21 stereo pictures from the TV series Mannix, I would have been sorely disappointed. Even with the Chinese lanterns.

1 comment:

Karen Zipdrive said...

I think Art Linkletter had done his part for the monthly three deaths cycle.