Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Line In The Sand:
What I will not report

This week's tabloid headlines are slim pickings. Usually, there are enough stories for four updates a day and sometimes more, but this week it looks like a little more than three a day will get us through, not counting stories that might happen that scoop the tabs. Part of the reason is a lot of duplication of stories. The other reason is there are a lot of stories about this incredibly stupid show with the rose that I will not even name.

These people aren't celebrities and they never will be and I don't give a rat's ass if he's no good for her or she's no good for him or it's a match made in heaven. Unless one of these people does something truly newsworthy, like curing cancer or going on an interstate crime spree, their names will not be linked to a Love Bird Alert or an On The Rocks Alert or a You So Crazy Alert or even an Enboobening Alert.

There's been a lot of mission creep on this blog in the nine weeks it has been in existence, but this is a line I will not cross.


4 comments:

CDP said...

I applaud this decision. I saw those silly people on the covers of two magazines at the grocery store today, and I was just amazed that this show is still on the air.

Matty Boy said...

Thank you for your support. I'm already dipping low enough reporting on reality TV stars like Heidi Montag and Kristin Cavallari. Even when I have a TV, I don't watch these shows, but I have to admit that a lot of people care about American Idol and the like. I don't even care how many people care about this, they can go elsewhere to read about it.

Karen Zipdrive said...

Ooops.
This topic is a line I gleefully crossed on my blog just today, but ultimately it was about the bachelor's excessive use of the word "journey" that pissed me off enough to write about it.
Well, that and the fact that his choice looks like Alice the Goon from Popeye cartoons.

Matty Boy said...

I'm not telling other blog buddies how to blog, my zippy friend. My point is that this doesn't count as celebrity news in my book, so it doesn't get reported here.

The other possibility is that someone in a tabloid claims The Bachelor is a sign of the End Times and it forces a Skeeter Davis Alert™.