Thursday, March 4, 2010

He Fought The Law Alert™:
John Edwards going to jail

Publication: National Enquirer
Date: 15 Mar. 2010

The Flagship continues its vision quest, the drive to make John Edwards into the O.J. Simpson of the 21st Century, except without the gaudy rushing stats or goofy Hertz commercials. Fox News is already running with the story now on the Enquirer cover for one day that Edwards is about to be indicted by a grand jury.

Do you think Fox would be so fast to repeat this if the target of this story was a Republican? Nope, me neither.

Of course, even if it pans out, an indictment and actual jail time are two different things. Just ask Tom DeLay. Or Scooter Libby, for that matter.


4 comments:

susan s. said...

I'm sorry, what did he do again? Besides cheat on his wife and have a child out of wedlock? Not Grand Jury offenses. I must be behind the 8 ball on this one.

Matty Boy said...

Sorry, Susan, I'd have to open the damn thing and read it to find out, and I usually avoid that. If it's true, real news sources will report on it soon enough.

susan s. said...

I thought maybe I'd missed something in the last two weeks or so. I really didn't expect you to read it! I know how you work!!

Karen Zipdrive said...

I think he used campaign funds to pay off his baby mama.
And I think we Democrats are quicker to condemn our sleazy bastards faster than the amoral GOP are with theirs.
You see, we actually believe in right and wrong, whereas the GOP only believes in winning or losing.