Sunday, January 17, 2010

Brave Last Days Alert: Barbara Billingsley


Publication: National Enquirer (online)
Date: 25 Jan. 2010

Beginning to detect a pattern here. Once again, The Flagship decides not to post a Brave Last Days Alert on the cover, but does have it front page on the website. According to them, TV mom Hall of Famer Barbara Billingsley doesn't have long, and she called both Wally and the Beav to say goodbye and let them know how proud she was of them. (She knows they are really actors and not actual kin, and The Flagship plays it like a very sweet gesture and not a sign of senile dementia.)

I was a little surprised to find out how old Barbara Billingsley is. There is some disagreement among sources, but everybody agrees she was born before 1920, so she's somewhere between 91 and 94. Best wishes to Ms. Billingsley and her families, both real and fictional.


3 comments:

Padre Mickey said...

I didn't know she was still alive. I simply don't put enough effort into keeping up.


wv= phalites
Not working hard enough on keeping up is one of Padre Mickey's phalites.

Matty Boy said...

I too was surprised. I was also a little surprised that she's less than ten years younger than my grandma and about seventeen years older than my mom.

It's hard for kids to gauge the age of adults.

Karen Zipdrive said...

At 91 she's had a good run.
I can't believe they consider her twilight months newsworthy. I hope they're paying her a little dough for all the hassle they're laying on her.